You may have a number of files that include data that you want uploaded into your site. Instead of uploading a file as a plan, you can upload a file and import a bulk number of assets. "Import as asset" requires either a file with geotagged information (shapefile, geoJSON, KML, or a CSV) or a dataset that can be tied to a file including geometry. You can use this feature for any Tool/Asset in your Toolkit. Here's how you do it:
1. Make sure you have either a geospatial file or a data file and a file with corresponding geometry. "Import as asset" can only be used for one asset at a time, so the file you upload must only contain data pertaining to one asset (ex: if you want to upload a number of Sewer Laterals, the file must contain attributes and geometry that match with the Sewer Lateral tool).
2. Navigate to your site and click on the "+" button to open your Toolkit.
3. Click on the Tool you want to import.
4. Click on the caret next to "Add from Import." Then, click "Select File for Import."
5. Drag or select the file you would like to upload. Click "Done" once the file has been uploaded.
6. A new window will then open, click "Next."
7. In the next window, you can select the fields you would like to be imported into the new assets. You can match columns from your dataset to fields in the asset's form. You can also insert a value that will be applied to all of the tools. Once you are done, click "Next."
8. The data will be processed and you can click "Done."
You will receive an email notifying you when the import is complete. To be sure your import is finished, we recommend refreshing your site to have the new imports load onto your site.
This is an easy way to upload a bulk amount of assets and to control what information is being imported into your site. If you run into any issues or have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.